Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No Training, Training!

Yes, you heard it right. The plan for the week?.....Their is no plan. After a couple of weeks of hard training, I am in the middle of a recovery week. That means no set amount of miles, no specific heart rate, no specific speed and no specific amount of climbing! The only thing I am doing is trying to spend 20 hours on the bike at a more relaxed pace. That means PLAY TIME!!!!! I am just getting out and seeing where the road takes me.

I am trying to get in about 4 hours a day, for 5 days. It has been really fun. The first couple of days I did some trail riding. I started out a camp Alexander, I would ride at a fun pace and goof around, then when I started to feel like I was getting a little tire, I would take a little gravel Cruise across town to the campus trails! They are easier and pretty fun to flow through. I have been getting out about 8:00am, and riding until noon.

Today I took a little gravel grinder south of town and enjoyed a 65 degree morning. I really like the recovery weeks. They help to remind me of the reason that I am out their, to enjoy spending time playing on my bike outside, playing around in the dirt, rolling over, through around up and around all kinds of cool stuff. It is really easy to get wrapped up in all of the hammer, hammer, hammer.....crush, crush, crush of training and racing.... To place the little soldiers up against the wall and see who can whizz the highest. Sure, I am just as competitive as the next guy, but it is important to enjoy spending your time on the bike, or why are we doing it? Right? Sure, soon I will be back to the hammer, hammer, hammer, crush, crush, crush of training, but I will really enjoy this week, and enjoy the other s that are to come.

On another note, Matt, Lelan and Garret got out today and started to add onto the trail system out at Randy's place. A bunch of us are going to go out their on Saturday, and work on it some more. When this phase is done it will give us close to six miles of trail out their! I can see some fun group ride/cookouts out their this summer! Good times to come. And don't forget......Bone Bender in about 2 1/2 weeks!!!!! Stay tuned for the latest news next week.

peace out!

No comments: