Thursday, February 12, 2009

All systems A OK!

This week has been a good one. I started it off on Sunday with some hill intervals up Highland hill. I was wanting to see how the legs were feeling after the easy week, and to get an idea as to where I was as far as training goes. The plan......do hill repeats at a decent pace for two hours. The results are as follows: 1 hour 59 minutes, 46 times up the hill, 20 miles, 3,768 feet for climbing. After I was done the legs still felt pretty good! I could have went longer, but I got the idea.

With the good report I decided that the training schedule has back in action. I have pushed the legs pretty hard this week, and they have done well, but are starting to get a little tired. As for the rest of the week, I have done 2 days on the hills of old highway 50, one trip out through the beginning section of the Dirty Kanza 200, and another day going north, in the high wind, snow, and 20 degree temperatures! So far I have racked up about 180+ miles and over 9,500 feet of climbing! Pretty good for the middle of February! I sill am going to get a little ride in tomorrow. I think that since Saturday is valentines day, I will take it off, rest the legs a little and spend some quality time with the wifey.

Since this week went well, I will probably do something similar next week. After that, I think that I will put in a couple of weeks where I will spend a little more time in the saddle. I was thinking of something like, a couple of weeks of 4 hours a day, 6 days a week to try to get the body getting use to the LONGER rides. This should get me within a week of the Bone Bender. Boy, Race season is really sneaking up fast. Well, check back next week for more updates! As they say, same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel

Peace Out!

1 comment:

Seagato said...

So Mike I just now happened to come across your blog...only like 2 years late but all good