Thursday, December 24, 2009

Faliz Navidad!!!

I wanted to send everybody a quick update to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Things are well around here. I have been able to get outside every day except one. In fact I was able to get a ride in today (Christmas eve) before the storm really set in. I rode into the 30mph head wind for about an hour, until the ice pellets stung so much it became uncomfortable. Then I turned around and skated back into town. It was not to bad, because I was on the gravel roads.
As I type, it is snowing like crazy, and blowing so hard you can hardly see. It is looking like I will have to be inside for a couple of days.

I only had to work two day's this week, and I am now officially on vacation until January 4. This is an awesome feeling. It gives me additional time to spend with the family through New Years. It is going to be a fun and relaxing time. Tonight we are going to Shelley's parents for Christmas eve, then, all of the kids and grand kids are coming over to our house tomorrow!

On a last note for the day, A few decissions are being made for the up coming race season. Six people from the team, including myself are going down to Arkansas on March 28 to do the Ouchita Challenge. It is an awesome race, and am really looking forward to it. We all had to get up early to sign up. Entries opened at midnight on December 15, and they sold out of all of the spots by 9:00 the next morning.

I have decided that I am going to do the endurance league in the UFD series. I am also going to compete in the west league for the traditional cross country series that the UFD is also putting on. I have a couple of other things that I am thinking about, but have not decided upon yet. Check back later to see what will become of them.

That's it for now! Stay warm, enjoy your Christmas, and train hard! Until next week!

Peace Out!

No comments: