Friday, April 17, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Where to begin? Since my last post, a lot has happened. This seems to be the theme of my life. The week after our trip to Arkansas the body was pretty trashed. I did not even get on a bike until Wednesday, then I only did a couple of easy rides that week. Both rides my legs felt really strong at first, but then lost energy quickly. Both rides were only 2 hours each. Then is was time for the marathon weekend.

(Me In Motion)

On this past Friday I spent the morning with other committee members getting ready for the concert that we put on this past Saturday evening. Saturday was AWESOME, but extremely exhausting at the same time. We began the day at 8:30am setting up for the event, and meeting/taking care of the bands. By mid afternoon we were ready for show time! The concert was totally awesome.


(Fireflight)

I had not really heard much of Me In Motion, but I was pretty impressed! They had a nice style, and were super nice guys. The middle band for the evening, in my oppinion were the best! I had been listening to Fireflight for a while not, but man were they impressive. They were the best band that I had seen in quite a while. THEY ROCKED!!!!! It is easy to see why they are nominated for four Dove awards.


(Fireflight)

The headliner band was really good also. They were pillar, need I say more? They have been one of my favorite bands for a while, and it was really cool to meet them in person! After the concert was over we still had to tear down and put everything up. What a LOOONG night. I did not get home until 1:00am.

(Pillar)

The next day was Easter, and a fun time was had by all. The service at church was great, and then we hosted the easter lunch at our house. As usual Shelly out did herself. I have truely been blessed by a wife that is an awesome cook. Again, by time everybody was gone, and we were cleaned up it was 6:00pm. what an exhausting weekend! It wears me out just thinking about it.

As usual, this week has been a strange one. I was all ready to start training for the Dirty Kanza 200! This is the next BIG race that I will be doing. The plan for the next couple of weeks? Put in a boat load of miles on the cross bike, and ride in the area that we are to be racing in. At the same time, sell the two Zaskars and apply that money to the new mountain bike that the wife has so graciously agreed to let me purchase. What really happened? Hard rain Monday, went for a long gravel ride on Tuesday, but 14 miles into the ride, the mud got the best of me. The mud and rocks got into the drivetrain, and the rear derailure broke into half! Had to call and have Bobby come and save me.

This gave me a little problem. the cross bike was broken for the rest of the week, and I did not want to ride the Zaskar because it is up for sale on ebay. The salution was this, the cross bike is in getting repaired, the new mountain bike has been ordered and will be in aproximately the middle of this next week, and ride paved, dry roads on the Zaskar very carefully for the rest of the week! It makes for a real mess for the rest of this week, but bu the end of next week things will be awesome! I will have a really nice cross bike that I just bought this past fall, I will have a BRAND NEW AWESOME mountain bike, and the two Zaskars will be on their way to their new hope.
This will put me in excellent condition, and ready for the rest of the summer. I will have been blessed with two new top of the line bikes this year to replace the two worn out bikes that I have been using for the last decade. WOW, that is a lot. Check back next week for the latest updates!

Peace out!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wow... I don't know how you keep up with everything!! I bet you are really excited to get the new bike...It looks like it is going to be a beauty.. When is the next race scheduled for?? Did you ever have the "make up" race for the "Bone bender"? Great pictures from last weekends race... can't wait to see more from future races.. =) Talk to you later...
Love Ya!
Theresa