Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What a life!

This week has actually been pretty uneventful. I have been able to get out on my bikes for a couple of hours each morning and just goof around. I went out on the road bike on Tuesday and took a Cruise to Hartford and back. It was a nice little casual aerobic work out. It took about 2 hours, which was nice. Sunday, Monday and Wednesday I just went over to camp Alexander and rode the trails for a couple of hours. It has been kind of nice just playing on the bikes this week. It has given the old body a chance to fully recover from the Rapture in Misery. I think that I will take another week and do the same before training for the next race. I think that the next event that I would like to do is the Tour De Lizard. I really enjoy their course. It is challenging, but a lot of fun!


In other news, The concert is coming along nicely. We had a committee meeting on Monday evening, and it looks like a lot of the details have been worked out and the promotion and ticket sales should begin within the next week or so. The people that we have already spoken to are actually quite excited. If you would like to learn more about the bands go to this page and click on the images of the bands to hear what they sound like. http://www.ridehighgear.com/pages/framepages/news.html


On a little more personal note, Shelley and I are going to take a quick little adult retreat Saturday. It has been a while since we have done something like this, with just the two of us. We will be going to Kansas City so that she can look around in a few stores. We will get an early dinner, and then head out for a little LIVE ENTERTAINMENT!

Well, thanks for hanging in their and listening to me rambling on! I hope that everyone has a blessed week, and I will return next week! Same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments: